1. Are corporate retreats or private conferences scheduled at CCR? Yes, more frequently during CCR's "shoulder seasons" in Spring and Fall, corporate planning and leadership development retreats as well as private and nonprofit conferences are scheduled.
2. How many people can you accommodate? The guest quarters comfortably sleep 56 guests.
3. Are the unit air conditioned? Yes
4. What kind of view do you have? Magnificent view of the Black Mountain range, and some rooms are on a little creek.
5. Describe geographic location. One hour northeast of Asheville, NC via I-26 and US 19E to Burnsville, then right (south) approximately 10 miles on NC Hwy 80 to CCR Entrance. Blue Ridge Parkway is another 5 miles south.
6. What are months of operation? March through November.
7. Size of the ranch? 58.65 acres. The ranch seems much larger due to adjacency to Pisgah National Forest.
8. How many horses? The number varies slightly, generally between 45 and 60 ranch-owned horses. Some of the Wranglers have their own horses.
9. Distance to nearest town? Burnsville, Yancey County's main town and "county seat" is approximately 12 miles. Spruce Pine, Mitchell County's largest town is approximately 16 miles.
10. Distance to Mount MItchell, at 6,684' elevation, highest peak in eastern America? By paved highway, 15 miles. NOTE: As the "crow flies", about 1 mile!
11. What's your food like? All American with a good dash of Cowboy Western! Three hearty, healthy meals/day, served family-style. Also, cook-outs on the ranch and along the South Toe River.
12. Appropriate dress: Casual - jeans preferred for horseback riding, shorts, swim suits for pool, tubing, rafting. Light sweater, pullover, jacket for outdoor evening activities, even during summer months!
13. Are guest quarters air conditioned? Yes, modern heating and air as appropriate.
14. How many employees are at CCR? From a low of 8 during winter months to approximately 35 during summer months.
15. When was Clear Creek Guest Ranch established? Constructed in 1995, Clear Creek Guest Ranch opened in May 1996.